voiceless (glottal plosive)
something happened on the tram this morning that really upset me
i'm not even sure exactly what it was that really got to me
arrogance? ignorance? apathy?
a blatantly exploded sense of superiority?
it was disgustingly unjustifiable, self-centred and conceited...
there was a ticket inspector on the tram
he got off at LaTrobe St to remarks such as this:
"Yeah well, I have to get to the university to cure cancer!"
the words were almost spat out,
and,
"Don't try and make a fool outta me! you're in Australia now!!
Don't forget you're in Australia now!!"
maybe I lack imagination
I didn't hear most of the dialogue
but
I can't think of a single situation in which those words,
said like that,
could be seen as acceptable...
~.~
it's not so much the racism
I almost cried
why now? why this?
when it really matters, what have I got to say?
...
i'm not even sure exactly what it was that really got to me
arrogance? ignorance? apathy?
a blatantly exploded sense of superiority?
it was disgustingly unjustifiable, self-centred and conceited...
there was a ticket inspector on the tram
he got off at LaTrobe St to remarks such as this:
"Yeah well, I have to get to the university to cure cancer!"
the words were almost spat out,
and,
"Don't try and make a fool outta me! you're in Australia now!!
Don't forget you're in Australia now!!"
maybe I lack imagination
I didn't hear most of the dialogue
but
I can't think of a single situation in which those words,
said like that,
could be seen as acceptable...
~.~
it's not so much the racism
I almost cried
why now? why this?
when it really matters, what have I got to say?
...

2 Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Post a Comment
<< Home